Sunday, September 1, 2013

New Bern, NC: September 9th, 2012 - At Last, a Town That Doesn't Begin With a "W"

New Bern is full of bears.





I don't know why.  I could find no explanation.  In Greenville, pirate statues adorn every streetcorner and shop window, but that's because it's the ECU mascot.  Duh!  But New Bern's bears...I never figured it out.

New Bern was like Washington on steroids - twice the drive, twice the scenery, twice the fun!!!!!!  It had the same small town charm, but was large enough to be entertaining for over an hour's worth of exploring, and I only just scratched the surface of what was there.

There was a waterfront area




A downtown area:







Some buildings of historical significance






And some art and art-related things:






I happened to be there on the day of some bike race to cure something or prevent it.  I don't know.




 Ducks!




And that's pretty much it.  I really liked New Bern, and of the places I had been thus far, it was by far my favorite.  I think I could even live there, at least for a little while.  But then I lived in Greenville for five years, so I guess I can do anything.

....

!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment