Monday, September 2, 2013

Hendersonville, NC: June 14th-21st, 2013 - I Feel Like This One Doesn't Really Count as an "Excursion"

I traveled to Hendersonville to be a camp counselor at Kanuga Conferences, so I feel like my time there can't really be called a "vacation" or "traveling".  Still, I took a few pictures, so I'm gonna drop 'em here.  Plus, I wanted at least one post from the summer before The Big One (which is next).

Here's the lake and surrounding area:



Kanuga is an Episcopal Church conference center situated on a small lake in the NC mountains.  My family and I went there yearly when our church in Charlotte would go up for the church retreat weekend, but since going off to college I had stopped being a part of that, since it's always in September.  However, I heard about a summer camp they run from my former youth minister, and since I think Kanuga is such a beautiful place, I've gone back to be a counselor there as often as I could ever since.

We did a hike up to Eagle Rock or Long Rocks or Big Ol' Dang Rocks or something like that during one of the afternoon free times:






I also did the hike around the lake solo one day before the staff meeting:




An artsy fartsy shot of the lakeside cross:




And a bench I quite like:




I don't have any pictures from the actual camp activities, and I figure that's absolutely beyond the scope of "travel" anyway, so I'll end this post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment