Saturday, June 13, 2020

Carrollton, KY: May 22, 2020 - Coronaposting

Hey, did you guys know there's a pandemic on?  

As is very obvious, travel became very difficult and limited in the middle months of the year 2020.  And yes, it goes without saying that this is among the tiniest of problems facing the world right now.  But this is my travel blog so that's what I'll be discussing.

Of course, it's not all bad.  It remains to be seen how much we reopen by 2020's end and how much catching up I'm able to do with the more-than-half of a year we have left.  So I'm optimistic on this front.  And I have managed to do just a little exploring, in some limited way, with all this free time that being furloughed and/or laid off has given me, not to mention the time to visit family and see old friends.  Which brings me to this post.

This was a classic daytrip Excursion, this time journeying to a place right about an hour from Louisville called Carrollton, where a small state park lies, named General Butler State Resort Park.  It made for a lovely day's walk.

Started on the path through the woods around the lake area:


Then roamed around the "resort" part of the park, which consisted of an Inn and a few activity fields.  Next, I went up the main path to what I figure is the main attraction, the overlook onto the town of Carrollton:



Last, a return via the lakeside to my car over this bridge:


I then hopped into the town itself for a bit after that, and saw that the river was very much up:


And that was that.  First trip of 2020 in the bag.  It was a small one, but hey, this blog started small - this year can too.  Maybe it's a back-to-basics kind of thing, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment